I was wrong.
It has been a great reality this past year to learn this. Although I'm not exactly where I thought I would be at 22, I'm happy with it. Although I don't have my dream job yet and I'm still working 3 part time jobs to make it. I'm happy that I have been able to learn this lesson all on my own. I do have some help and for that help I'm so very grateful. However, for the most part, I'm on my own. I also love this. There are times when I get down on myself for not being where I thought I would be but I know that I will get to that place eventually. It takes time and a lot of hard work.
I know my own work ethic and I know what I want. With those two qualities I know there is nothing in this world that will be able to stop me from achieving my goals. I saw these two quotes today and it helped me take a step back and realize I have everything I could ever need to make it in life.
"I am responsible. Although I amy not be able to prevent the worst from happening, I am responsible for my attitude toward the inevitable misfortunes that darken life. Bad things do happen; how I respond to them defines my character and the quality of my life. I can choose to sit in perpetual sadness, immobilized by gravity of my loss, or I can choose to rise from the pain and treasure the most precious gift I have- life itself"- Walter Anderson
"I'm not going to tell you it's going to be easy, I'm telling you that it's going to be worth it."
If everyone is willing to put a little hard work into something they believe it. It is amazing how big of a difference we can all make.

No comments:
Post a Comment