Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Smell of Spring

I have had the worst cabin fever I have ever had. I tend to think it is because I didn't have a "spring break" this year and have not had a warm day since sometime last fall. Yes, there have been some 40-50 degree days and of course I was in a light jacket and flip flops, but by the time the sun set it was WAY to cold to be wearing them. I have been wishing for spring for the past month or so; even when I go to the gym I wear my shorts without sweat pants over them when I'm walking from my car into the wellness center. Most people look at me like I'm crazy but I just want it to be spring in the worst way, so my theory is: if I dress like it is warm out it will be. ( I know this theory is no where close to ever being true)

Today there was frost on my windshield, similar to the frost that you have in the early/mid spring and late fall. It is also started to smell like spring. Even though I was inside working all day the sun looked fantastic beaming in through the windows. I day dream about the days that I can go for a run and not have to worry about the cold air. Spring is on it's way, which then leads to summer. I love spring but it seems that summer is more relaxing. I have yet to decide which is my favorite season but this quote by Robin Williams seems very fitting for both seasons.


Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"
—Robin Williams


I listened to this song to get me even more in the mood for summer. Enjoy!

P.S. My countdown: 1 month until I can grill outside without there being snow on the ground.
2 Months until I can go without a jacket all day
3 Months Until bonfires and beach days are an almost every day thing

These are my hopeful countdowns but of course if I can shorten them I certainly will, let's just hope that mother nature will allow me to have a shorter countdown :)

No comments:

Post a Comment