I have learned that friends will get you by when you need it the most. They are the ones that can look at you and know instantly if things are not "good" as you say they are. It is a connection that you have and that never really seems to be broken. It may disappear for a time but it is always available. I have been very fortunate to still be friends with my very first best friend, beside my imaginary friends that I had. Although we don't talk as often as we like we still keep each other in our thoughts most often. I am so grateful for her.
I also have made numerous friends throughout the years. I have always been an extremely busy person and not always the best at keeping up. There have been some of my friends that I haven't seen in years, but I know that they are always there for me. Below is the definition of a friend according the dictionary.
definition of friend; - noun
- a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
- a person who gives assistance; patron; supporter: friends of the Boston Symphony.
- a person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile: Who goes there? Friend or Foe?
- a member of the same nation, party, etc.
Here are some quotes about friendship:
"Misfortune shows those who are not really friends." - Aristotle
"Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value. Rather it is one of those things that give you value to survival." - C.S. Lewis
"There are no strangers here; Only friends you haven't met yet." - William Butler Yeats
" Wear a smile and have friends; wear a scowl and have wrinkles." - George Eliot
" Truly great friends are hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget."
"True friendship comes when the silence between two people is comfortable."







We don't have any photos together Beth!! We can change that though! :)
ReplyDelete