Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Giving back to society

I have always been really involved with volunteering and charity events. My dream job is to work as an event planner or promotional director for a non-profit organization. But until I can land my dream job I continue to help out at charity events from being involved or donating. I decided in February (A little late for a new years resolution) that I was going to try to do 2 charity or volunteering events for a charity every month.

In February I did the Polar Plunge, where I had friends and family pledge money for me to jump into Lake Superior in the month of February. I also helped another event for St. Jude's as they did a Disco for a Cure event in Superior. I worked for Budwesier that night so I was able to partake in the festivities.




 Before the jump!                                                           As we jump into the lake!


In March I have two events planned already, the Shamrock Pub Shuffle. It is a Run/Drink/Run. I'm sure there will be great pictures to be posted after this event, we are all dressing up quite crazy.

I'm also going to do the Polar Bear 5K that helps support the Superior School District. It is a run/walk but I'm sure it will still be cold enough that I will be running only.


I'm still on the lookout for more events for the rest of the year, so if you see a really cool one either in my area, or one that I could make it to, let me know! I would love to experience all of the different events :)


Happy Hump Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment