As I have neglected blogging for the last year quite a lot has changed. Not surprising given the fact that only a year ago I had just moved to the west coast and I was loving every minute of being in the warm air and the ocean. I'm still loving the warm air and the ocean, although this year it has been a bit cooler than last year. I quit my job that helped me move out here and I was a personal assistant for Jordan Belfort. I met Jordan when I was in college and I recently quit my position there too.
Now I just sound like a big quitter.
But that could experience could write a book with all of the things I learned about not only myself but what it's like to work for the rich and dysfunctional.
I'm now at a turning point in my life... well I guess it could be life changing, since really anything at the ripe age of 24 can be life changing. But I've been faced with two opportunites. One to stay in LA and possibly land my dream job- I'm at least going to get my foot in the door. Or move to a remote ranch in Utah and live out of the city for a year. I am extrememly excited about both opportunites and i"m excited to learn more about what each opportunity has to offer. Neither one of these plans will be set into motion until after the new year, but it's still an opportunity.
I look at my life so far and it has been filled with opportunity. I've jumped in with both feet in everything that I've done and it has taken me far. It's taken me 3,000 miles away from home, it's made me learn what it's like to navigate in a new place knowing little to no one and finding out what is really important to me. I've met some wonderful people on the way and I wouldn't give up one experience that I've had so far.
One thing that I've realized is each major opportunity I have gotten someone else believed in me, almost more than I believed in myself and that is a gift that not everyone receives Being on that receiving end is very humbling. I know that I have confidence in myself to accomplish great things, but I've also been given the tools to accomplish these great things. I'm so excited for where life will take me and I'm so grateful for it every single day.
I'm learning that patience will take you further, and that is something that has been a hard lesson for me. Good things are about to happen and I feel like the whole world is at my feet.
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it"- Yogi Berra
No comments:
Post a Comment