Thursday, November 24, 2011

2,000 miles later...

I started a new job earlier this year and recently I moved out to California. Let's just say the drive was tolerable but not necessarily an experience I really want to have very often. It wasn't completely unbearable but although I'm not really one to admit it but I think I had quite a few conversations with myself. I would like to say I'm a fairly good conversationalist ;) So far it has been a great "new" experience. I haven't really had a lot of time to go explore my surroundings other than the grocery store and the few food places that I know have versus the midwest. I plan on trying quite a few things when I'm out here so hopefully in the next few months I can start crossing off some of the things off of my bucket list. A few of them being surfing and going to a vineyard! Everyone out here is very nice, it is just a little more face paced. Thankfully there are no "crazies" out here! (Grandpa Paul made sure to warn me to watch out for them before I left :)) We also have a 2 story target that is about 5 miles from the apartment.. I'm in heaven! The weather of course is beautiful and I love being so close to the ocean. Although I do miss the snow a little bit, I'm sure I will get my taste of it at Christmas and that should be enough for me, otherwise I can always drive up to Tahoe to go learn how to snowboard, another activity on my bucket list. I never did learn in all those years where we had snow 8 months of the year, I guess I just took it for granted. Things are little more expensive out here but for the most part nothing too outrageous, I'm sure it will be worse in LA but luckily I live 30 miles away from there so I can just enjoy Orange County and stay away from the drama that LA seems to bring. I hope to be able to keep this more up to date with my adventures again as well as interesting and inspirational things that I encounter in the next chapter of my life!

Pinned Image

No comments:

Post a Comment